The Past Cannot Be Rewritten

April - Louisville, Kentucky

Everyday we are faced with decisions. Sometimes these decisions are little ones, such as what should to wear today and others are more trivial, such as what to do with your life. Whether these decisions may seem unimportant or earth shattering, they will have reparations. It is like a chain reaction; because of the choices you make something will happen in return. One minor decision or occurrence could alter your life forever and it is virtually impossible to know what could have happened if things had gone differently. Therefore, this I believe that everything happens for a reason and is meant to happen.

You can live your whole life wondering, what if about everything. Wondering how things could have been different and wishing for a second chance to see what road u could have taken. I feel that that is a waste of time and pointless. We can’t change the past and we should make the best of our present. Some people hate to think that we have a destiny, because that would go against the idea of freewill. I fully believe in freewill and that is why we have the power to decide for ourselves. However, I also believe that what happens due to what we decide is what is meant for us.

Probably one of the biggest decisions that I have made in my life was when I decided to switch schools before eighth grade year. I had gone to St. Martha and decided that that was not where I wanted to spend my last year of grade school. With the support of my parents, I switched to St. Pius X where my good friend Sarah went. I sometimes wonder what my life would be like if I hadn’t switched school. I would have never met the people that went to St. Pius X and would not have made the wonderful friends that I did. Most likely I would not have come to Presentation Academy for high school, which if that had happened I wouldn’t even be tying this essay. I have faith that this is where I’m supposed to be and I’m doing what I am meant to be doing.