everyday counts

allison - louisville, Kentucky
Themes: carpe diem

Everyday Counts

Everyday you hear of young people dying: a seventeen old dies in car wreck; sixteen year old kills herself. I could not imagine one of my friends dying while I am in high school, or even in college. In today’s world people die at young ages and that is why I live my life to the fullest. I will never know when something bad is going to happen to me and I will definitely never know when I am going to die. Everyday counts.

When a young person dies in my community I see how much pain their loved ones have to go through. I believe that if I take each day and make it the best day of my life, my family will know that I was living everyday the best that I could. Yes, there are going to be some bad days and people may say that I can’t live everyday to the fullest, but that is not true. If I am having a bad day I just sit back and think, what if I were to die today? Would I want to remember this day or just totally forget about my life on earth? I would absolutely want to remember that day and know that I did whatever I could do to make that the best day of my life. I do believe that I can live life to the fullest.

Living life to the fullest isn’t just going out and being with your friends and being a daredevil. I believe that living life to the fullest is when you are with the ones you love and you always put the bad things behind you and admire the good things. There have been many things in my life that I regret doing but I don’t want to think about those things all the time. I want to put those moments in the past and just enjoy the good things that have happened in the past, are happening in the present, and will happen in the future. I believe that to live my life to the fullest I need to laugh at least three times a day. Laughing is an important quality that people need in their lives. I always think that when you laugh you become a better person, no matter what you are laughing at. I will laugh everyday, be myself, and live life to the fullest.