I believe that parents should lighten up.

noelle - louisville, Kentucky
Themes: carpe diem

“Live life to the fullest.” Even someone at 86 could still have things they want to do when they were young. I know that when I am old I am going to look back and say “Man, I wish I did that back then.” I believe that you should take risks and have fun. I mean we only get one of them so we shouldn’t waste it, you know. So I know I am still a teenager and far we like to party and be spontaneous for sure, and sometimes our parents just need to let us be that way. They should know that we know that there are dangers out there and to be careful. The truth is they don’t know that, they’re parents, they are supposed to worry about those things. Someday though, they are going to have to lighten up and let us be us, or else we will be one of those old people who regrets not taking the chances we had the opportunity to.

I have a friend who’s parents were super strict, she couldn’t do anything. When we went in to high school she moved out of state with her mom. Her mom being less strict on her, she went crazy. Lets just say she was doing things that she shouldn’t have been doing and getting involved with the wrong people. Seeing that she was this way made me think what caused it. I decided that it was because her dad didn’t give her any breathing room, she was basically smothered.

I believe that if parents give a little guidance and lay down some guidelines that we will make the right decisions. When they do this it will give us so much independence and freedom, but not too much. And I believe that if they don’t lighten up that we will rebel even more than we do now. “They do it because they care.” Someone once told me. We know they care so much, but every once and a while it would be nice to have a vacation and have fun.