Everyone has a special someone.

umbreen - Shrewsbury, Massachusetts
Themes: love

Everyone Has a Special Someone

Do you know what love is? It’s something you need to live life. Without it, you’re not living you are merely surviving. Love isn’t always just between a husband and wife, it could also be between a man and pet, a son and father, a mother and daughter, two sisters, two brothers, and even between the two best of friends. The one I love the most is my very own best friend.

My best friend’s name is Arshie. She can have her “blonde” moments even with her wavy brown hair, and that’s one thing that makes me love her. She’s very understanding. She always makes me feel so comfortable to blurt out what’s wrong, which makes me want to always be by her side. Arshie is probably the clumsiest person I know, but that never stops her. Instead, it makes her fun to around. I remember once when she visited my house, she tripped over the rug in the entrance, but you know what? She was the first one to laugh. Not only is she able to laugh at herself, she makes others laugh, too. Arshie says some funny things at times, like when she said, “I ate spaghetti last night for dinner.” That would have been fine, but we had been talking about sports at the time. Most importantly, I trust her more than anyone in the whole world, even myself.

I believe everyone has a special someone whether they know it or not. My special someone is Arshie. Although I rarely see her, we always find some crazy way to communicate. I guess not seeing her as much makes it more special when we do meet. The last time we saw each other was in February in New Hampshire. Being my impatient self, I waited for Arshie for a half-hour walking around in circles by the door. Finally, she arrived. At that moment it was as if all the people in the world disappeared. We screamed each other’s names as loud as we could and did our not-so-secret secret handshake. Once we finished our greetings, we paced up and down the stairs while blabbing on and on about our lives. At these moments, it feels as if we have never been apart. When the party ended, we were so upset to leave each other again. Five seconds after we were in our cars she called my cell phone. We ended up talking the whole ride home and talking until almost midnight.

We have all heard the stories of old married couples so in love that when one dies, the other dies soon after. Love matters. Even you have a special someone. That special someone doesn’t have to be a person, it can be your very own pet. If you don’t have a special someone, search for him. He may be searching for you. Reach out for love. After all, without love you’re not living life, you’re merely surviving.