Laughter is the Key

Stephanie - Louisville, Kentucky

I believe that laughter is the key to happiness, the key to love, and the key to life.

To me laughter is something that I treasure because when I’m not happy or having a bad

day I seem to still laugh, weather it be my friends or just at myself, I laugh. It’s always

good to laugh at yourself. My philosophy is “If you can’t laugh at yourself then your not

normal”. Laughing to me is the cure for everything. When I see my friends and just

by looking at them I can tell that they are not having a good day, I will come up with

a good joke and just let it have it. When they laugh it makes me smile and if there is

one thing that I love more then laughing it is smiling, and to make someone’s day just

a little better is something I would never say no too.

What makes me laugh the most and I know that it might sound bad but all my

friends and people that I know laugh at it too is when people get hurt. I’m talking the

laughter that has you crying and you can hardly breathe. There is just something

about people getting hurt that makes you want to laugh, what it is, I wish that I

could tell you. Some people out there might agree with me other may not. Another

thing that is really good to laugh about is if you do something embarrassing. Weather

it be a trip or slip just laugh because that just shows that you have confidence in

yourself and people respect that, I know that I do.

To sum it up when I laugh or make someone else laugh it makes me feel good

about myself and I forget about why my day was bad and think about the positive

things in my life, that are important. When I make someone happy, it makes me happy inside. This I Believe.