Education Creed

Sarah - Louisville, Kentucky

When it comes to education I like to live by the quote from Amanda Bynes, “I’ve learned so much but I have so much more to learn.” It says a lot about my goals in life. This quote keeps me going. Especially when my school work seemed to be getting harder and harder everyday, and then the next thing you know four of my cousins dropped out of school before their sophomore year in high school, and then I picked up that magazine and was reading along and that quote just kind of popped out of the page at the moment. I really believe that people should always try to learn as much as possible and have fun doing it. Getting your full education helps you with so many things from getting a job to getting in to the college of your choice. Once you screw up then you can’t really go back and change anything. I believe that education is taken for granted all over the world. I look at education as one big giant gift, a gift that must be taken and done something with. Yes, school can be very hard and very boring sometimes but I try to put that all aside and reach for every single one of my life goals and I try my best to be a successful person. Once I finish learning all that I can in high school then I do plan to graduate and move on to college where I would pursue a nursing degree and eventually a nursing career. Education is so important; sometimes it even decides what your life is going to be. I know my cousins hit a bump in the road somewhere but truly I don’t want that to happen to me. So I’m going to continue on my road, learning, never giving up, taking in as much as possible, and cherishing every bit of it.