Boston Celtics: The Dominant Team

Kristyn - Louisville, Kentucky
Themes: sports

Kristyn C

Mrs. Graves

English III period 8

5 May 2008

“Boston Celtics: The Dominant Team”

The Boston Celtics are the best team in the NBA (National Basketball Association), right now. This year they have the best record at 66-16, which they deserve because this year is their year. Before this year they were not all that great, in fact I did not enjoy watching them. Now they are very entertaining to watch and they play a good, fast-paced game.

After the first round of the Playoffs against the Atlanta Hawks, the Celtics gave fans quit a scare. They had to go through all seven games against the Hawks. The Hawks fought with all their might but the Celtics came out on top winning 4 out of the 7 games. The Playoffs are the stepping stones to the Finals, which every NBA team dreams of being, CHAMPIONS!! Now facing the Cleveland Cavaliers in the second round, they are up 1-0. Although LeBron James is an amazing athlete, he is no match for the Three Man Team, Paul Pierce, Ray Allen, and Kevin Garnett.

The last time the Celtics won an NBA Title was back in the 85-86 season, this was their sixteenth title. This year the Celtics are looking to hand banner number seventeen up in the rafters. From 1959-1966, the Celtics won eight straight championships. In the 1980-81, 83-84, and 85-86 championships, Larry Bird lead the way along with Rich Carlisle and Bill Walton.

I believe that the Celtics have a really good chance in following the foot steps of the great NBA players before them. I think that their passion for the game and the dedication and hard work that they have put into this season will pay off with a new and shiny gold trophy. I am feeling a good series against the San Antonio Spurs in the final round. I also feel that the Celtics are the number one team to beat and that they are unstoppable.

The Celtics are an amazing team, first because they have the greatest record and the greatest chance of winning and secondly, they have Rajon Rondo, who came from the greatest college in the world, Kentucky, woo-hoo!! GO CELTICS!!!