I Believe There is a Creator

James - Columbia, Maryland
Themes: Christianity

I believe that there is a God, who created the universe and everything in it, because nothing can exist by itself. Everything has to have a cause, except God, who is uncaused, for he is the uncaused Cause. Even the theory of evolution requires prior existence of matter, so there has be someone who created matter, and this someone is God. Now, one can argue that God was created, but if this is true then that person is the creator, so by definition, God is self-existent.

One can then say, can you prove that there is a God? My answer is that one cannot prove that there is a God by scientific means; neither can one prove the theory of evolution scientifically. However, the magnificence of the heavens, mountains, seas, and the numerous galaxies give testimony that there is a creator God. Just like a builder has to have a builder and beautiful painting has to be painted by an artist, so the universe has to be created by God.

Another thought is that earth is one of the planets around our solar system. These planets are suspended in space and revolve around the sun. What force or forces keep these planets in there orbits and prevent them from crashing with each other and with planets from other galaxies? So there must be someone who maintains and sustains these planets to prevent them from colliding with each other. One can argue that gravity, magnetic field or some force is doing it, and if this is so, there still has be to someone who created these, and this someone is God.

The earth is tilted at a 23.5 degree angle from the ecliptic to give us our seasons. Its size and distance from the sun gives provides us with the conditions to support life. If is it closer or further away, it can be too hot or too cold. Also, all the planets of our solar system rotate counter-clockwise around the sun, except Venus and Uranus. Did this arrangement of planets happen spontaneously or at random? I believe that there is an intelligent planner and the designer is God.

Moreover, since the beginning, man of various ancient civilizations has been worshiping a superhuman being, known as God, tells me that conscience or awareness testifies that there is a God. By the way, can someone tell me who created conscience or awareness? One cannot prove either of these, but everyone agrees that they exist. Whoever created these is God.

My God is the Creator of the heavens and earth (Gen. 1:1). He says that He is the Way, the truth and the life (John 14:6). He also loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. Whoever believes in him is not condemned, but whoever does not believe stands condemned already because he has not believed in the name of God’s one and only Son (John 3:16, 18).