Your Hopes and Dreams

Meredith - Louisville, Kentucky

You should never give up on your hopes and dreams. I know that for a fact because it happened to my family. See it all started about six years ago with my Aunt Missi. She is my godmother and she has four children and had two miscarriages. I thought she would give up on having children but my little cousin Tucker became the miracle child of the family. See he is the crazy little kid; you will ever meet in your life. Even though it seemed that my aunt gave up on having kids, she had the most wonderful little boy in the world. Now he can move on and achieve his hopes and dreams with his family supporting him.

Now my cousin, Tommy, wanted to go into the Marines and tried so hard to get in but didn’t on his first try. He tried to get in again and finally did. He just graduated from Boot Camp. Even though he changed so much in Boot Camp he never gave up on his dream. He really showed everyone that he could really do it. He showed me that I should never give up on what I want in life. And I’m still trying.

Now that I am a junior and I have impressed everyone I my life. I have gotten a scholarship to go to Presentation Academy. I have always had doubts about going through with it but now that I am a junior and with my family supporting me in every way that they can, I can’t give up now. I have to go on to college and become what I want to be in life. It doesn’t mean I have to into the Marines nor have four children. It means I have to keep my hopes and dreams with me trough out my life and try to achieve those hopes and dreams.

You can never, ever give up on your hopes and dreams. You have to go out there and go after those dreams, like my Grandma Bette says, “Go out there and grab the bull by horns and hold on tight, no matter what happens. Try your best to stay on his back”. You have to keep your hopes and dreams in sight and never lose sight of them or they will be lost forever.