Love is Blind

Naseera - Bowie, Maryland
Themes: love

“Why are you gay”, “Did some guy hurt you real bad or something?” These are questions that I encounter on a day to day basis. A lot of men feel as though for a woman to be gay either a man broke her heart or she had terrible sex with a man and it made her never want to be with another one. I have even had a man ask me was I raped before! The constant questioning and scrutiny has now drove me to telling people that I have a boyfriend just so I don’t have to be looked at by a judging eye. After I tell people I am gay I am not just Naseera anymore. I’m Naseera the gay girl!! Ignorance has led people to believe the only reasons women are gay is because they have had a bad experience with a man. SORRY WORLD!! BIG SURPRISE! I have never been hurt by a man. I have never had a bad experience with one. I just have never wanted to be with one…point…blank…period. Men, and a lot of women, seem to think that you have to be with a person of the opposite sex. This is just how men and women were created. That’s how it’s supposed to be! I think this way of thinking is completely prehistoric, unevolved, unintelligent, and above all things ignorant. People who think like this truly don’t know the meaning of love. I believe love I completely blind! I believe anyone, or anything has the god given the right to love whomsoever they choose! I believe god picks the soul that matches with yours for you. Your body is just a shell for your soul. And just so happens that the soul that fits with mine has the shell of a woman. I would have been in love with the person I am in love with now regardless of what they looked like. I feel as though it is a horrible thing to regulate who a person can love. IT IS NOT A CHOICE!!! I never woke up a day in my life and say Oh…hummm. I think I want to be gay now. No…it doesn’t happen like that. This is how I have been from childhood. I remember my first crush in elementary school, and guess what the crush wasn’t on a guy it was a girl! I don’t think anyone in life can pick and choose who they love. I believe love picks who it wants you to love. It also picks who is going to love you back.