God, Faith and Purpose: A Life Fulfilled

Shantanena - Norwalk, California

I believe in a monotheistic God manifested in three forms God the Father, God the Son (Yahweh), and God the Holy Ghost (Spiritual). I believe that God exists and he created me and all living creatures. The belief in God is central to my life and my view of the world. I accepted that God exists from a young child and my belief in Him has grown stronger since then. My belief in God is incorporated in every aspect of my life because I am dependent upon Him. I have developed a closer relationship with the God I believe exists over my short-lived life.

I grew up in a Christian home and was forced to attend weekly church services with my siblings and parents. This tradition of church going shaped my belief in God and the person that I am. In my life, supernatural experiences and acquired historical knowledge has contributed to my personal belief in God. It is not some brainwashing because I am completely aware of the information and sources that suggests that there is no God. However, fortunately in my life I have experienced otherwise and developed this belief based on personal experiences with Him.

One day I felt that life was not worth living anymore because God had let me down. This day my faith was tested. I got in my car and prayed and I asked God just for one sign. God showed me that I had to have faith to believe that he exists. So I turned on the radio and a Gospel song was playing mirrored exactly what I was experiencing and how I felt. That was the sign and I thought to myself God has got to be real. From then on I knew God existed in my life and that I had to keep the faith.

My faith is an expression of my belief in God. Although, I do not see God I have faith that he exists. My faith is strengthened with God the Holy Ghost. The Holy Ghost is purely supernatural and can only be experienced when you reach a certain spiritual level. But only through faith in God is this possible. My faith brings purpose, peace, and happiness to my life.

Faith allows me to experience life in a way unimaginable. I wake up knowing that my faith in God will allow me to achieve my goals in life. My faith in God allows me to see things both naturally and spiritually. Through my faith I have received salvation and eternal life in Heaven with God. Faith brings more hope that blessings and good things will come my way. Faith allows me to experience a love like no other which is the unconditional love of God. I believe in God and through faith in him my life has purpose that permit me to live a fulfilled life.