Live Life

steven - lakeside, California
Themes: carpe diem

Not one moment has gone by where I have been reluctant to live life to the fullest. After hours and days of sleepless nights and bad break ups, I can’t help but see the wastefulness of loosing myself, trapped with misery and sorrow. Life should not be devoured sulking in an everlasting abyss of disaster, but rejuvenated through each good deed and blossoming opportunity. Each new rising sun brings the utmost joy to my mind. Something so beautiful should not be left unused, but should be treated as an open door offering new advantages that have the ability to escalate our very existence. Something so out of this world should never bring us down in a world where there are so many bad people who do terrible things.

Even after the worst occurrences I still felt the need to live. I know that although people get hurt and horrible things happen, I can still rise above the circumstances and replenish through life’s luxuries. There is too much good in the world to be overwhelmed by the even greater amount of evil. As it shadows our world with each terrorist attack and misused talent, I still feel the need to live on; keep trying to make the best out of each bad day.

When I was about five or so, my mother passed away. She had been diagnosed with breast cancer and the last few years of her life were spent trapped in a cold and unforgiving hospital bed, devoid of any life of happiness that she had once thrived in. Ever since then have I been in complete and sometimes hellish meditation. After losing someone so close, it haunts me like a horrid nightmare, as if jack the ripper came alive in the twentieth century through a black hole underneath my bed. I couldn’t help but engulf myself among the anguish with nothing and no one to blame. How could life get any worse? I found drugs and alcohol to drown/torture my pain and agony, reopening the wound, tearing it open, letting bacteria and salt mix along with the wretchedness of it all.

Only now, have I come to realize that with so much pain, it can and will only get better. It’s hard to revitalize from something so unimaginable, but I’ve found that it can be done. After my mother’s death I now understand that life should be lived like it could end tomorrow. Live life to the fullest and be happy. Do whatever you must, but be happy. Try and forget the things that once masked the suffering. That is what I believe. Eat, drink, and be happy, but live life to the fullest for tomorrow we may pass away, like we never existed at all.