Take Time To Smell The Roses… please

Shelby - Louisville, Ohio

All I could think of when I was little was how badly I wanted to grow up , now that I am grown up its really not all what it is cracked up to be. Paying bills, more stuff to do, work, and everything else that goes along with being a grown up. Every morning I wake up wishing that I would of stopped and slow down to enjoy every minute of being a little kid again. This is why I believe kids should take time to smell the roses and grow up slowly.

Work, work, work that’s all I ever seem to do now a days. I remember being a freshman, getting to come home everyday and just taking a nap after school. Oh what I would do just to be a freshman for a day again. And yet still when I was a freshman all I could think in my mind “ OH I WANT TO BE A SENIOR!!” Why Shel? WHY?! It literally feels like I was a freshman yesterday. I just wish I could take those days back, and live them out slower.

Middle School, oh those were the good days. The days that the teachers actually baby you in every single class, what I give to do that again. 6th grade just like being a freshman , OH I WANT TO BE A 8th grader. Being a 6th grader was when you got in trouble at school all you had to do was cry and you could get out of it. Now when you get in trouble in High school there is no use of getting out of it, unless of course you’re the principles favorite.

Being a senior now it makes me feel like I’m already all grown up. Now I know I’m actually not, but I would kill to be a little kid again. I will not lie I seriously cry of the thought of being grown up. I remember when I was 5 years old, I think the only time I wanted to be little, I prayed that I was a baby again. Now what I would do to be 5 again. I guess though its just a way of life, but let me tell you now, to all you 12 and 13 year olds do not rush to grow up, I promise you growing up is way more fun to grow up. So please take the time to smell the roses, I can promise you this now you are never going to get it back.