The Seeded King

Dexter - Fort Worth, Texas

The Seeded King

Throughout the history of the world there have been many kings and queens of numerous things, such as: Queen Elizabeth of England, the lion also known as the king of the jungle, and even the rock band entitled Queen. However there is no king of the fruit world, so I believe that the strawberry should be now and forever the king of the fruit world.

If you think about it, the strawberry is the best fruit in existence and everything about it makes it superior to all others in its food group. Starting all the way back to its’ planting, strawberries are groomed to be a modest fruit. Even though in the back of the strawberry’s mind it knows that its taste is bar none compared to all other fruits, it’s still planted in the ground where it has to fight for its survival against worms, moles, and other underground critters like a common potato. Even once emerging from the top soil it still must grow and learn to support itself in a new above ground environment. Unlike its cocky, poster boy, adversary of the fruit realm, the apple, which laughs and taunts the others as he looks down across his environment; the strawberry earns its respect from its companions. Not forgetting where he came from he proudly wears his seeds on his exterior shell, without embarrassment or harassment from others, for they know how much the strawberry fought to be in the outside world. However stylish, the produce does not boast its’ ingenuity and intelligence in a manner that would demean his acquaintances. In fact it helps console others. Like its confused cousin, the tomato, in his convoluted debate over where he truly belongs in this “seedy” world. Also one of an honest nature, when in a bad condition the strawberry willingly shows you signs of aging, similar to those of the human race like shrinking, wrinkling, and the development of white hair comprehensively. Wanting to be all that he can be, the strawberry has trekked out for help to intensify his taste and provide a more exhilarating experience for those who have given their time to enjoy its sweet goodness. After traveling, the strawberry has interviewed and experimented with many different substances, but repeatedly goes back to the chocolate community for assistance, and also the sugar community for those that have a sweet tooth, but are not particularly fond of chocolate.

At this moment, the overconfident apple is the reigning poster boy for fruits worldwide, but I believe that to be a leader you must not be condescending. To be a great leader you must be understanding, honest, proud, and diligent, along with being an intelligent organism. That’s why I believe the strawberry is a deserving candidate for the position of the seeded king.