Be open to new things you never know what you might find.

Brittany - Louisville, Kentucky

Be open to new things you never know that you might find.

“There are so many people that come in and out of your life. Even someone you only met once can make the biggest impact on your life, and think how different things would be if you never met them. The friends that you made memories with change you forever, even if you’re not friends anymore.” Often time’s people shut out things that they are not familiar with therefore passing up people and situations that may be life changing. I am sometimes guilty of this myself; but I have learned that just because someone looks different or hangs around a different crowd doesn’t mean that they are weird or scary. Sometimes I fear the unknown so I shut it out and refuse to explore it.

One goal that I would like to set for myself is to get to know someone knew each day, or even someone that I simply have just never talked to. One of my best friends is someone I thought that I would never talk to. She is loud, outgoing and has a tough exterior, and I can be quiet and shy. One day a mutual friend introduced us and we hit it off! Ever since then we have been inseparable, often times people question as to how we are friends, but what they don’t realize is that we compliment each other perfectly. Believe it or not, most times the old saying that “opposites attract” is true.

Many people have come and gone in my life but I wouldn’t change anything for a second. I believe that people enter my life for a reason and I cherish each moment spent with them. Even if I am not friends with someone anymore I can look back and remember all of the memories that we created together.

I believe that we can all benefit from each other, even those different from us. So the next time you’re out, remember be open to new things, you never know what you might find, this I believe.