Miracles

Alyssa - san jose, California

I believe that miracles do happen. I believe in fate. I believe that best can come from the worst. Most of all, I believe that anything can happen.

In my past I have experienced miracles. Some more serious than others, such as my aunt surviving bone cancer and my grandma overcoming breast cancer, but a miracle that I myself experienced was not so serious.

The miracle I experienced happened this past summer in August. My softball team had made it to nationals and we were very excited to go. When we arrived at the tournament we all meet at out hotel then had to drive to another hotel and check in our team. The next day we started our games, which would lead to a very long week of games. As we arrived to our first game we were all very excited but yet nervous at the same time because it is nationals and some of the girls first time every being able to play in nationals. Our warm-ups for our first game were good; we were expecting to play hard and win. We played hard throughout the whole game but made some minor mistakes and errors which would cost us the game.

We were guaranteed least five games and we had already lost one, so we had at least four more to go, but hopefully more. Our second game was the day after our first at one o’clock in the hot sun. We all were staying hydrated but still were pretty hot. Although we did play well we lost again. We continued to lose and towards the end of the week many of us had lost hope, although we did still continue to play hard.

After losing the four games we played, we woke up Friday morning and many of us were expecting that we would be going home that day. People packed and checked out of their hotel rooms. As we arrived at the field many of us were sad that it could be our last game of the season. We warmed up good and hard as we did throughout the whole tournament. As we played, we played hard. It came down to the seventh inning and we were up 1-0 and we won the game. Many were surprised we actually won the game and weren’t going home. We all were very happy and then went out to dinner and then got rest for our game or games the next day. On Saturday we came knowing that we had to win and if we did we would have to play two games that day. We continued to win the next two games and we were able to take at least fourth place.

We were all very excited that we made it from losing all our games in the beginning to the last day. We played our first game and won. Which meant we were going to the championships! Although we didn’t win the championship game we came back from losing all our games to making to the finals, which is what really counted. Which to me was a miracle!

I now believe that miracles do happen. Not only in my life but also throughout the world. I now look at things and view then not hard to do or not able to accomplish at all, I view then as I am able to accomplish them and so is anyone else, it just might be hard to do and I might have to put more effort into it than I would something else that would be easier to accomplish. Miracles happen everyday, it may not be a huge accomplishment to others, but I believe that if you put your mind to it and believe that you can do it and you accomplish a hard task that it is a miracle.