Life Has A Purpose

Tyler - Anaheim, California
Themes: purpose

I believe, that everyone has a purpose in life. Whether it’s being the most

important person in your group, being the least important, choosing music over sports,

choosing to either work to help yourself, rather than others, or anything else of the sort. There is a true identity behind every face you see on the street, even if it doesn’t show.

But we can’t just have our purpose and expect someone to push us along the way, it’s

something we have to fight for on our own. That person has to have the drive, persistence, and determination to succeed, and realize their purpose they have.

As a musician, it’s not even a question what I wanted for myself. I knew that

doing something musical with my career was what would make me happy, and nothing

else. I had always dreamed of other jobs I would want, varying from being a police

officer, racecar driver, astronaut, detective, scientist, inventor, or architect. However, in

between each phase, I always had a fallback, of being a musician. Finally, by high school,

I decided to stop toying around with other ideas I had, that both me and my parents knew wasn’t going anywhere, and focus on being a bass player. Then that molded into being more than just a performer, but a composer, and producer. I had finally found my calling, and here I am at Berklee College of Music, with a major of Contemporary Writing and Production, focusing on my passion.

As Thomas Edison once said, “Invention is one percent inspiration, and ninety-

nine percent perspiration”. The same rules apply to anything we do with our lives,

especially our hopes and dreams. Everyone has a purpose, but only those who shoot for

their dreams will one day realize their vision as a dream come true. As Chris Gardner

said in The Pursuit of Happyness, “Don’t ever let someone tell you, ‘you can’t do it’, not

even me. If you want it, go get it!”