Laughing is Contagious

Steven - El Dorado Hills, California

I believe in enjoying life to the fullest, with laughter and no regrets. Regrets are just excuses for previous moments that want to be erased from the mind, and I have no plan on doing so. I like to live my life, and surround myself with as much positive energy and laughter as possible. No matter what I am doing, I can and have always found some way to make it more enjoyable. I feel it’s important to adopt a personality where I can make other people laugh, which helps me live more happy and enjoy everything around me and what I do even more.

I have always had a great sense of humor and used this in my personality to make my life and people around me more enjoyable. Throughout elementary school all the way to high school, I developed the “class clown” nickname, which I was proud to take on because I knew it meant I was making other people have a good time in class. Sure I probably annoyed my teachers, but years after when I have gone to visit them, they tell me I was always a pleasure and made the day a little brighter. I was even elected the class president in 6th grade, bringing more of my witty sense of humor to more and more people every day. This is important to me because the way I was brought up, the more fun and cheerful I can make any situation, I know it can turn even the dullest times into a good memory.

About two months ago my roommate Kurt died, and it was the worst couple weeks of my life. He was the first real close person I have lost, so I didn’t know how to deal with it. I find it funny that the one thing that got me through the whole ordeal was remembering and laughing at all the good times we used to enjoy and share. I soon realized how many people’s lives he touched, because he was much like me, always bringing smiles to people, always having a good time no matter what he was doing.

I know that with using my personality to make all situations the best they possibly can be, I can make other people’s lives much more exciting, especially my own. laughter is contagious also, so when people see me having a great time, they have a good time too. I feel that when people do things they regret, they obviously weren’t having a fun time when they did it. This is why I believe that I won’t have any regrets because I try to enjoy life as much as possible using laughter and my sense of humor personality.