I believe in Karma

Nicolas - 01915, Massachusetts

This I believe

I believe in Karma, Karma comes from the Indian religion Buddhism and Hinduism, karma a is fate in which certain actions that you do in you life good, or bad, will reflect back to you the same way you acted previously in life. So if you do good things, good things will happen to you. However if you do bad things they’ll come back to haunt you. It’s a way that practices living life in a peaceful manner.

When I was younger, I wasn’t a very nice person. I would bully kids in my school and not treat them right. I was a popular student in my middle school but when I got to high school I lost all my popularity. I think that was because of karma, because I was a mean boy in middle school that reflected on my fate in high school. Nowadays I have become a better person; because I will help a person if they need it. For example, if a see a lonely person by them selves I will go over and try to talk to them and make them fell better about them selves. Because that is what I would like someone to do for me if I were in that person situation.

If I see someone fighting or taking advantage of someone, I will try to go over there and split them up, because its wrong to take advantage of someone especially if they are smaller or weaker than the person who is doing harm. This might sound normal to do for some people but for me when I was younger was not what I would have done.

The idea of helping others is how my mother has tried to raise me, my mother was a Hippy she believes in peace and love. She always used to say that if you do well to others people will be good towards you but if you are mean to others, others will be mean towards you. I didn’t listen to her before but now I’ve realized how important that is in life. Respect others if you want them to respect you.

I have grown up to be a respectful person, I respect other people because I would like them to respect me. This is thanks to my mother. I wasn’t so respectful when I was younger this was because I was immature and not conscience of what I was doing but now that I have grown up I have become more mature and more conscience of my actions therefore I try to live my live in a more peaceful manner. Karma reflects on your past, present, and future, the way you act in life will reflect on how karma treats you. If you want to live a peaceful life you have to be good to others, and that’s how I live my life trying to be peaceful and live my life respecting others. Karma has become a way of life to me because all the bad that I have done has come back to me, and now that I have been a good person for the past years more good that bad is happening to me.