Uplifting

Elizabeth - San Diego, California

“Put a smile on your face” is such a common expression used when times get rough. I believe to stay as positive as possible. I absolutely enjoy being happy and turning bad situations into positive ones. It is very hard to do but I believe that there is a positive side to everything. I have been through many rough times in my life and I must say that break-ups are the worst. I am always the “listener” when my friends go through them and I myself have gone through a few very devastating break-ups. I believe that it is very hard to be positive in situations like break-ups but I have come to a new reality that there is a positive side. I love my ex-boyfriend even more than I thought for putting me through rough times. At first I thought my life was over but then I quickly (meaning a few days) began to realize that I was so much happier and such a stronger person because of it.

After I dealt with my break-up situation I had a new outlook on life; which was to be and stay as positive as I possibly could with every situation. Until then I was a pretty positive person but seemed to carry tons of negative energy as well. Once I got completely rid of that negative energy I began to enjoy, appreciate, and absolutely love life so incredibly much more. I feel like I had a breakthrough and it was absolutely amazing. Ever since then I refuse to let myself dwell on anything that is negative. What really is the point? I don’t have the time to sit around and feel sorry for myself. Instead I know engage myself in what really matters: happiness. Negative energy definitely does not bring happiness.

Since I only have one life to live I think that I should enjoy it to the fullest that I can and realize that any outcome of any situation can have a positive side towards it; it may be very hard to see or realize it but there has got to be one (that is a positive outlook in itself). Throughout life I already know that I still have many rough times to encounter but it is a reality and a matter of how to deal with it. I live for a thrill. I love thrills because they keep me alive and entertained; otherwise I get extremely bored. If I didn’t encounter rough times to make me stronger and more knowledgeable I most likely would not enjoy life as much as I can. Therefore, I am extremely grateful for rough times because I truly believe they have made me a much more positive person and much more happier and able to enjoy my life the way it should be enjoyed. I am so very blessed in my life and so thankful for it. I love my life!