Listen

Amanda - Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Themes: children

I believe that even though you may think you are the most important thing in the world, the truth is that your not. Kids are the most important thing, without them the world would not be a safe place to live. With the kids in the world, almost everybody tries to watch out for them. When people are driving down the street they have to look a few times just to be sure that there are no kids around or running in the street. I know I’m only a teenager, I don’t really consider myself as a kid (even though I am), the reason is this. I babysit alot and I always listen to them, if they want me to read them a story, no matter how long it is, I will read it to them. I do this because whenever I need someone to talk to my own mother doesn’t lesten to me. I feel that everybody should have someone be able to listen to them and hear what they have to say, even if the person talking to you is a little kid.

It gets to complecated in life to hold everything in. There are way too many times that I just want to yell at people for no reason at all. I believe that the reason for this is because I hold to many thoughts to myself. I think that if my mom were to listen to me more, that I would not want to yell at someone for no reason as often. Everybody has certain days where they are crabby and don’t want to do anything except to yell at everyone around them. The only thing thats different with me is that I get those days about twice a week. So whenever someone asks you if they can talk to you, just listen. You don’t even really have to. You can just pretend, but never say no to someone that wants you to listen. My friends probably don’t listen to me that much when I tell them about certain things, but it just feels good to know that someone cares about you and is trying to help you.