All Work and No Play?

George - USA

I believe in relaxation.

Every day after I finish track and go home, I do what every teen wants to do. No, not homework. I sit on the couch and play video games and relax. Yes it seems like a way of life that will ruin it, bit it is actually very successful in life.

When you go to your next job, do you think you’ll need to know how to find out absolute values or solve algebraic expressions to work hard at it? Many people should be more concerned about other things than just work in their daily lives. There are more important things in life to be concerned about like social skills. I bet that your social skills are going to be evaluated more than your amount of work. It should be quality, not quantity. Sure people say that work is everything, but bringing work home just makes your time with family even less. This situation is happening with children also, because of the load of homework they bring home.

The workers of the US nowadays barely have time for their families let alone themselves. They should do something that they have always wanted to do but haven’t had enough time to get accomplished. They should truly worship their time alone, and really enjoy it. The few minutes a day they have to themselves should be spent in a calm environment so all that stress disappears. Life should be lived to its full extent. Work is for later, now is time for you.

Putting up your feet before working? That seems like a ludicrous way of life to most, but it really isn’t. Relaxing before working gets your mind straight, and makes you more focused on what you’re doing instead of getting distracted about other nonsense. That’s when stress kicks in. Before you work you need to release all that stress so your body is relaxed, and your actual work doesn’t end up looking horrible and rushed. Let out all the stress so you don’t get distracted while you’re actually trying to get it done.

Leaving work to do later may appear to be a bad idea, and I can see why. You may have relaxed longer than you might’ve expected and you have no time to finish your work. That’s why tomorrow is often the busiest day of the week. Man’s best invention is tomorrow.

Putting off work may seem negative, but it’s positive in several ways: you won’t need everything you learn, you need to enjoy your little free time, and relaxing can make working so much easier. We can make this world better if we just make relaxation a bigger part of our lives, so make it part of yours, play before you work.