Everyone Deserves Love

Andrea - Casco, Wisconsin
Themes: love

As an individual very much familiar with the feeling of loneliness, I sympathize with the many people across the world who don’t feel loved or wish they could hear someone sincerely say they love them. I can sympathize with all the kids and teens who grew up with broken families and abusive family members. I know how badly they wish to escape reality and how often they wish they had a better life. Some wouldn’t mind the life they had if they only had someone to hold them and tell them it’ll be okay and things will get better. I know what it’s like to be desperately lonely, and I wouldn’t wish that kind of pain on anybody. I believe that we should all love and respect each other because I know how many lives could be saved just by showing you care. Race, gender, looks, or religion should not be barriers among people. When someone reaches out for help, we should listen. We shouldn’t care just for the people we can hold in our arms or who share our beliefs. We should share all the love I know we have with the world and its many lonely inhabitants who have been waiting all their lives for someone to hear their cries.

I truly believe that no one deserves to be so alone that suicide would cross their minds. My best friend in 6th and 7th grade committed suicide when he was in 9th grade. I miss him and I can’t help but feel pain for everyone who cried for him. I feel depressed when I think of all the soldiers and their families. It makes me sad when I think that each and every single soldier who died in Iraq could have been saved if everyone’s views were accepted and everybody loved each other. I know that it’s normal to fight, but it’s a sad thought that the world has accepted war to be perfectly normal. If you think about it, in a way it isn’t. Was it truly intended that humans fight and kill each other over different beliefs or views? Is it right that people can murder each other? I do agree that we need to fight in the war or our freedom would be at stake, but when you think in the first place that fighting wouldn’t be necessary if everyone loved one another because we’d all be free.

War and family life aren’t the only issues that make some people feel unloved or unaccepted. Sometimes it’s their peers that make fun of them for acting or dressing a certain way. If everyone was considerate of other’s feelings or didn’t care how ugly someone was or not, people’s grades might go up and suicides would go down. Everyone has potential, but some don’t see a point. It depresses some people who really do care that the weight of the world may be on their shoulders. Everyone deserves love. White or black… Male or female… Even shy or outgoing. In my mind, the world revolves around love.