I believe in the healing power of tears

Tomorrow - fort wayne, Indiana

I was in a four month relationship, I loved him and he loved me, but after I made the big mistake of cheating on him things changed. I believe in the healing power of tears. I experienced this the same night I told him the news. Watching his eyes drop to the floor and his heart sink only brought more of those tears to my eyes. I knew I broke his heart and as hard as he tried to hold them back, the tears still came. That night as all of my lies unraveled and the truth came, so did the tears, like an ocean with fresh tides on the horizon. I believe in the power of a broken heart, because even though he took me back I knew his heart would never heal from it and things would never again be like they were. I spent many nights after that crying to my friends, family, whoever would listen after one of the many arguments we had. A broken heart will change you, it will take you and shape you into a person not even you recognize. This is what happened to us, I broke his heart, and he made me cry. Even though I tried to make things work it was no fixing what I had already broken, so all I could do then was cry. I cried when he broke up with me, I cried when I found out about other girls and I finally cried when we stopped all communication. Through all of that tears have been like my best friend; there when I need them, never hiding there presence but letting it be known everytime, comforting me in the late hours when everyone else has gone to bed. Yes I believe in the healing power of tears, how they don’t judge you for the mistakes you’ve made, but give you a sense of release if only for a moment. I cry and a little bit of me feels better and stronger than I did before. So I take my tears and my broken heart and even though I still hurt from it they allow me to grow, to live and learn what not to do the next time around. Yes my heart will heal because i’ve cried just the right amount of tears.