Pen and Paper

Tyler - Mundelein, Illinois

I believe in the pen and paper. One day I became fed up with my life and hated everything in it. I wanted to take drastic measures to stop the pain, but before I went through with anything I decided to write about what has happened in my life. I sat down with a pen and paper in hand and started to write. I wrote a 352 page story about my life. On the first day I wrote sixteen pages, and it took me nearly three months to finish. Once I started I felt like I needed to finish. I went to work and thought of my unfinished story. I went to the store and as I paced between aisles I thought of what to write next. I slept at night and dreamt of what the next chapter of my life would be. It has been the greatest accomplishment of my life. I have written a story about me, my life, my feelings, and my thoughts. I now know I have done something that will change my life forever.

I believe in the pen and paper because they are the instruments of hope, salvation, liberty, drama, and much more. I recall the old adage, “the pen is mightier than the sword.” More can by done by a fool with a pen and paper than a king with a sword. Using a pen and paper is the expression of a soul, and it certainly was mine when I wrote my first book. I believe writing allows the travel of knowledge and information many years beyond my own. With pen and paper I can free myself from this world and transcend into a world of simplicity and hope. With a pen and paper I can do anything. Some might argue that the pen and paper are just simple tools used to write, but what they don’t realize is when used properly those tools become powerful. The power they produce is shown through out the world. The pen and paper can be used to help, entertain, instruct, and many more, but the pen and paper can not hurt. The power of the pen and paper lies in the fact that it can only do good, and with pen and paper I can do anything.