I Believe In People Not Going To Jail

Zach - Luxemburg, Wisconsin

Zach S

English 3

I Believe In People Not Going to Jail

I believe in people not going to jail because what good is it going to do to them. If somebody robs a bank and they go to jail for 10 years when they are released they can just do the same thing over and over. It doesn’t teach a lesson to them. An alternative idea I think would be making them do community service or make them work a certain amount of hours a day that has to do with giving them discipline. I know many people who have gone to jail for a couple of years, but when they come out they go back to their same old life.. I saw on TV that two guys robbed two banks. One guy was in on both of the robbing and another was only in on one. They stole three thousand dollars. My best guess is that when those guys get out of jail after spending his time that he was sentenced for; those guys will be back on the streets planning to rob another bank and thinking of different ideas to not get caught. Then what will they do to the men. Sentence them to life that does not make sense to me. Putting them through community service would make them a better person and maybe go to do something amazing in life or pursue their dream that they had when they were a little kid. I do not know of anybody that has gone to jail at all but I have heard of other people go to jail from other families. I hear something on the news every day. Even celebrities go to jail to.