Almost love at first sight

Kristy - Wheeler, Indiana
Themes: love

Almost Love at First Sight

I believe in love at first sight or a soul mate. Love at first sight doesn’t just happen all the time. Love at first sight is a very special connection when someone looks into someone’s eyes and you know that they are the one for you. Not everyone finds the one until after they went on several dates. I only had to go through three dates to find the one for me.

It was May 5, 2006; a Friday night at Michigan City in Sears Parking lot when he asked me out. We meet on the internet on a dating site. We planned to meet at Sears because that is where I was working at the time. It was about 9:00 pm when I walked out of Sears, just getting off of work, and there he was at my car with a red rose.

It wasn’t love at first sight but I knew that he was the one for me. Something about the way that he made me smile and how he cared for me in such a short time told me it was him. We had only really known each other for about two months, and only seen each other a hand full of times. However, in this short amount of time, I really came to care for him in return.

He was so scared to ask me that night. We had talked about it previously and said that we should at least wait until we went out on around five official dates. Well, the time had come and I couldn’t wait to hear him ask me when I saw the rose. I knew what he would be asking me that night. When he did ask me, I didn’t need any time to think about the answer, I just knew inside that I had found the one I wanted to spend the rest of my life with. I knew that I had found my soul mate, and I don’t regret telling him yes that night to being his forever.

It is now two years since that point, and we have had our ups and downs. But no matter how bad things may get, we always seem to end up back in each other’s arms. There doesn’t seem to be a safer place in the world than when I am with him. Being away from him is the hardest thing to go through, and I can never wait to get back to him. I will love him forever, and I only hope he will love me forever in return. I believe in love at first sight or a soul mate.