Silence

Stacey - Casco, Wisconsin

I believe in the silence. Not the kind where is no sound but the kind where I can just sit and shut the world out and not have to pay attention anymore.

When I was little I remember going to the outside on a warm summer day at about seven o’clock at night every night to play on the swing set and wait until my dad got home push me on the swings. It was a place of laugher and play until he would then go into the house and take a shower, you know all the grown up stuff that they do. I would stay outside until it would get dark. I would sit in the sand box or stay and swing by myself. It was so quiet and peaceful and to the point where you would start to hear the crickets. Once in a great while you would see a bunch of those amazing fireflies. And all you would want to do then is run and chase them around. So I would.

Now that I am teenager and about to end my first real year of high school I still go outside at night to just sit on the swing in silence to hear the crickets. I sit there and shut out the world and everyone around it. Sometimes that’s all you need to do to clear you head is to be in silence by yourself and figure things outs.

Therefore I believe that there is a voice in everyone that needs to be heard.