I Believe that I Should Cherish all the Moments in Life

Amanda - Luxemburg, Wisconsin
Themes: family, love

When I was just a little girl my father died in a horrible snowmobile accident. Even though I miss him terribly I still try my hardest to move on. Even though I am trying to move on, I still think about him every day and cry every now and then. I wish that I could just see him one last time before he had to say good bye for good and give him one last kiss and a bear hug. I know that we will get to see each other again, but that could be many more years to come.

When I said good bye the night he died, I was only six. I never thought that something that terrible would ever happen. Now that I know it can, I take every opportunity to say “I love you” to someone and to give them a big hug. I always think to myself, “I hope that this isn’t the last time that I ever get to see them.” And while I’m thinking about this I give them a little extra squeeze. Even though someone extremely important in my life died, I still have to try to move on without him because otherwise I wouldn’t get anywhere in life. I’ve learned that things may not always go the way that you want it to go in life; therefore, I believe that everyone needs to cherish all the moments and memories that he/she has.