Encouragement

Erin - Huntingburg, Indiana

I believe in the power of encouragement. When I am encouraged by someone, I always manage to succeed. Encouragement is usually just the little push that I need to keep me motivated and to help me along the way. I truly believe that encouragement ultimately leads to success.

My father is that person that keeps me motivated, and pushes me to succeed. He has always supported me throughout everything and encouraged me along the way. He will drop everything just to talk to me if I need it, to listen to me, and to help me strive for my goals. He always says, “Keep your chin up Erin, keep going.”

Hearing someone compliment me, or tell me that they know I can do it is very powerful. For example, earlier this semester my dad called me and asked me how school was going. I told him it was okay, but some of my classes were difficult. Then, I proceeded to tell him about some of the papers and homework assignments that I had to do. I told him that I didn’t know how I was going to be able to do them, because they were difficult. He just told me that it would be okay, and I would do fine. This is definitely one of those times that he told me to keep my chin up and keep going because I was doing a great job. Just by telling me that, it made me believe because someone else believed that I could.

That extra push of encouragement in my life has led me to success and helped me excel. I had never really thought about it before, but encouragement is something that can really help a person out. It is always one of those things that can simply make your day.

I believe that it is important to have that “rock” in your life, the one who is behind you 100%. Having someone support me like my dad has, has made me always want to do better, and make him proud. Pride and encouragement are two things that help me keep moving throughout the day.

I definitely believe in the power of encouragement. Encouragement is one of those things that isn’t always available. I believe that you have to have that “rock” in your life. It is important to compliment people, and to believe in them. When you believe someone, let them know, and tell them when they are doing a good job. Encouragement always helps lead to success in my eyes.