All things happen for a reason.

Reylene - San Jose, California

I believe that all things happen for a reason. And in the end all the things that we go through in life only make us stronger as individuals. The good times we experience and the bad times we may have to go through. All makeup our uniqueness and differences, as people. In life every choice and decision we make comes with a consequence. We will always be capable of having control over the decision we make or choice we make but never the consequence that comes along with it. So that’s were I firmly believe that all things happen for a reason because for instance no one chooses their parents or no one new the friends they would have or the difficulties they would go through in life. It’s just life and the way things go. But all in all in the end we all look back at our lives and all that went in and with it, and come to realize that it ended up shaping us into our own self identity. I know this is true from personal experiences. Especially when it comes to relationships with guys. What I have been through I strongly believe and know it has changed me as a growing woman and how I now look at certain things. I used to think when I would hear people say “Being 18 is the trouble year of a woman’s life”, I would think to myself that was so cliché and a bunch of crap. Simply because people make life whatever they want to make it. But now, having gone through my 18th year this year, and all that has happened I most definitely agree with that statement. I will admit I have always have struggled with being too hard on myself when it comes to things/issues of mine having to do a lot with self-esteem and confidence. I look to the beautiful models on television and in the magazines and tell myself “Reylene if you don’t look like that, guys wont like you, because that what you see there is what beautiful is”. And looking to the media and what Hollywood tells you is this or that for approval, you will NEVER be satisfied. I know this for a fact because unfortunately I have learned this the hard way. And when I say the hard way I mean through heartbreaks. Being in unhealthy relationships where you go to a guy the guy for attention and approval to give you that tiny ounce of confidence or feeling beautiful and good about yourself. But it never lasts, all they do is take advantage of you and then leave you for that skinner or more beautiful girl. And it hurts, always going through that for that acceptance. Its not satisfying. Everyone has their issues in life. Some it’s the love of money, others it’s the love of acceptance, and for some it could be the love of being in love or just the thought or feeling. But whatever the issues you have, everyone has their way to dealing with it. For example I personally deal with my issue by attending my local church. And yes I know and understand that not everyone is religious or maybe that solution wont work for other people but I have found that it works for me. I have met girls just like me, my age and even a little older who have gone through or are going through the same struggles I do. I have now built strong lasting friendships with these women and have now came to realize that I am beautiful the way I am. Size doesn’t matter, looks don’t matter that doesn’t define me as a person. If a man doesn’t like me for the way I look or the way I am then he can just keep walking! I will not settle anymore or compromise myself values and desires for a guy that doesn’t meet my limits and expectations. I know there’s a wonderful man out there that was put on this earth just for me and my enjoyment. Who will love me for the way I am now. With makeup or without makeup, in a sexy red dress or in a pair of baggy old sweat pants and a stained t-shirt. I believe we are all different for a reason and with all the things we go through in life only show that all things happen for a reason, for that reason is that it only makes me stronger as and individual but more so as a growing successful woman.