derek - Wisconsin

I believe in friendship. Friends are the kind of people that make me want to have fun when I am feeling down. Even when I have had bad days, they stick by me to get through. Back when I was five years old I remember not having to many friends by me. When I came to my first day of school I didn’t know what to think. I was all alone with no one but myself. Then I found myself having fun with all of the other kids. The fun was from my pre-school teacher making school fun with little projects. One of these projects was blowing bubbles through a straw. Some kids were lucky enough to get to go to pre-school once, I got to go twice. The reason was that my mom loved me enough to make sure I wasn’t the youngest kid in my class so I stayed in pre-school for another year. Now I am in high school and have more friends than I can count.

Friends are not just here to help me when I am down. They are here to help me get through tight situations. When I was about nine I remember getting in trouble by the evil old man across the road. When he came to come get me one of my friends came to take the blame. My friend stood up for me and I couldn’t let him take the fall, so I took the blame. After that day I know that I can trust my friends to be by me in the tuff times.

I believe we were all put on this earth to be more like friends. All the wars and fighting is just not healthy. Man is too overwhelmed with greed and power. There is no reason for loneliness. There are billions of people in the world; we just need to know where to find them.

Friends are people I can talk to. They always understand what I mean and help me with a problem. Even when I am physically hurt they come to visit to say “I hope you get better soon.” I truly believe in friendship and all that comes from it.