Music is my Escape

Daniel - Victorville, California

Music is my Escape

Music can be defined as: an art of sound in time that expresses ideas and emotions in significant forms through the elements of rhythm, melody, harmony, and color. For me, music goes far beyond the definition, in fact, it is something much more powerful than that.

Music is my companion; it is my escape route from reality. It has the power to influence the body, heart, and soul in ways in which nothing else can. When I listen to strong music I get lost in my own little world. It is a beautiful, yet powerful force that I love and appreciate. Music is something that will always be there for me, no matter what the circumstances may be. It can take me to places nothing else can. I believe in the power of music.

Ever since I can remember, I have always been fascinated with music. As a child, my older brother would have band practice in our garage each week. The loud beats from the drums and the distortion from his guitar caused me to become fascinated at an early age. Though, it was not until I was a young teenager when I truly fell in love with music and its power.

When I went to my first concert I was only fourteen and never in my life have I experienced something that was so powerful and filled with energy. The crowd and the band were unified as one, while everyone joined together to sing along. The energy the band produced from the stage had caused me to let loose and become free. The intense excitement and joy I was experiencing was something I never encountered before. I became so involved with the energy of the show, I had soon found myself in the mosh-pit, and crowd surfing on top of other people. I loved every bit of it. My experience was one rollercoaster ride of fun and excitement, and it was from that day forward that I had realized the power music can produce.

Music has allowed me to come alive and to become the person I am today. It has taken me through a twenty-one year old journey, and continues to fuel my life with its power. It has nourished my body and soul, and I believe that it has the power to make life better for not only myself, but for everyone.