Getting Through Tough TImes

Whitney - luxemburg, Wisconsin

Getting Through Tough Times

One thing that I wonder about all the time is when the time comes if you believe will you go to heaven?

God has been in my life since I was little. I have been in many different religions. When I was a baby, I was baptized. I went through my first communion, and I have also taken a purity pledge. Through all these different things I have learned more and have come closer to God in many different ways.

My dad and I used to not get along. My parents were divorced since I was three years old. The way the visitation works is that I live with my mom and get to see my dad every other weekend and during the summers it’s a couple of weeks at a time. I used to hate going and I would cry because it felt like my dad didn’t love me. The way I have gotten through this is by praying. I always needed someone to talk to and God was the only person that was there and listened all the time. Some people say that there are too many people and he can’t be there for everyone, but I don’t think that’s true. He has blessed me and let me get closer to my dad.

Another struggle that really bugs me is not knowing if some of the people I care for are always going to be there with me. I believe that if you don’t know Jesus that you will not go to heaven. I can’t imagine ever being without any of my family. It’s kind of scary not knowing if everyone will always be there for you. I know that I can’t make anyone change his/her ways but I try.

I get through the good and the bad by praying. I know that if everyone else is too busy to talk I always have someone that I love and trust. I believe that through the good and the bad someone is always listening to me.