Kaitlyn - luxemburg, Wisconsin

I believe that we all need somebody to lean on. We all need a friend, sibling, parents, family or just someone to lean on or depend on. I believe if there is no one to depend on, life’s daily stress becomes too hard for one person.

Everyday about a year ago I could swear it just didn’t go my way. I was lucky if I smiled more than once in a day. I had become extremely sad and irritable as each day turned to weeks. And weeks turned to months. I could never completely figure out why I was so angry and upset until one day I just had to let it all out. I had gotten mad at a girl because she drank out of my water. This would be way out of character for me. Well I had this blow up in front of everyone. One girl in particular noticed that something was just not right.

Me and this girl had been friends for about a year but weren’t close. On this day she had asked me what was wrong and I just spilled my guts to her. It helped so much to just talk to her and have her listen to me about all this stuff I had bottled inside. She had understood me like no other person ever had, she gave me advice, and never once quit on me. She always snapped me into reality which everyone needs in hard times.

During this whole time I was the person she leaned on too. She had also been going through a very rough time and had needed that one person to understand her. So we had leaned on each other. This had brought us very close to this point and to this day we are still very close. I still talk to her about life’s problems, being a teenager I always have a problem. And she still trusts me with the same issues. We have grown apart some but I know, and she knows, were always there for each other.

After all this I learned that the person, who appears to be the happiest person in the world, still has problems. I’ve learned to always lend a hand of guidance and just let someone know they are not alone. It doesn’t necessarily have to be a friend either. I have found guidance with my mother, and brother as well.