The Mountain Man

tashina - palo alto, California
Themes: family, legacy

He is six foot one, has bright blue eyes, and curly brown hair. Many think of him as a mountain man because of his hard to miss beard. He has one of those smiles that can really turn your frown upside down. He is not too loud, nor too quiet. Overall he is happy, loving person. He is a man who can sink into any given surrounding without upsetting those or the environment around him. There are not many people who could talk badly about him.

He is a man that is true to his word. He is adamant about protecting the environment. He preaches and practices human equality, world peace, and really believes in the idea of being positive. He didn’t come from a wealthy background. He doesn’t have a college education. But, is one of the most intelligent people I know.

Who is he?

He is my father. Yes, one could say that I am just another proud daughter, but it is not just that.

My father lives and enjoys each and every single day as it is its own. But, he does not just sit back and let the joys of life sweep him away. Each and everyday he makes it his responsibility to be aware of his surroundings and to find out what is taking place in the world.

My father makes an effort to take time to talk to those around him, reads the books that are given to him, and does what he can to be the best that he knows how to be. He could have easily used his lack of college education as an excuse to live his life his own way, but instead he makes an effort to remain educated and conscious of the world.

My father is my role model, my living inspiration, and truly someone I strive to be on a daily basis. The pure fact that my father is the way he is, has had a positive impact on the world. Not only for what he has done, but because he has influenced me. I can now say that I carry on his qualities and characteristics. This is why I believe that we are all responsible for one another and that through education we can better the world. I know that it is important for me to be a well educated individual in order to be the best person that I can be. By well educated, I don’t necessarily mean attaining a PhD or being scholarly. I just mean being aware.

If my father, the happy and loving mountain man, can do his part to better the world, then I have faith in myself. I believe that I too can grasp the world that I live in today and have a positive effect on those around me!