Living a Practical Life

Nabaz - san diego, California

I believe in a strong sense of practicality. This means I live my life by being level-headed, efficient, and unspeculative. I view what goes on in my life in a realistic view as things really are and don’t try to view situations in life with some theory or belief behind it which is suppose to make it so. Also by seeing the world in a practical, feasible, or sensible way, I don’t see the point of stressing and worrying about things too much. I feel like life is too short to stress out on events and situations that I can’t control. So I just deal with it and move on.

Growing up in a Muslim household and having both my mom and dad practice the Muslim religion; they never enforced their beliefs on me or my brothers and sister. As a result, I grew up and became agnostic, and say life outcomes in a different manner then many religious people, and am happy that I can see outcomes in a practical way and it helps me deal with good and bad situations in a level-headed manner as opposed to believing that something is happening to me for a reason.

My philosophy is doing the best that I can to the best of my abilities. For example, I don’t worry much over college because I see school as an explorational experience not a taxing, sleepless, painful, structured vocational school. I study for as long as I can and don’t plan on losing sleep over a test or a project. I do plan on graduating but right now I’m seeing this time in my life as a defining chapter in my life, and if I fail a class it’s only my fault for it. However, I do manage to get my work done and on time.

Whatever I don’t have control over I feel I don’t have to strain about it. I’m not saying I never worry about anything because that completely different from stressing out about an issue or an event that another person might feel is very stressful. With the amount of stress that has occurred and is currently occurring with me and my family over my life, I believe it has made me have a strong sense of practicality on life, by viewing the events that happen in an understanding and realistic way, which helps me cope with problematic situations and assists me with not trying to find a reason behind it.