Chaos to Order

Jared - Julian, California

I believe that with God as the center of my life everything else seems like it will fall into place.

When I am walking without God, I find that things just do not add up. For example, when I did not know God, but I had everything else such as a job, money, and family, I discovered that I felt incomplete.

These feelings of incompleteness drove me to God for the joy that he can bring. He often brings chaos to order. Especially in a time in my life that was full of chaos. I can really only have you understand this balance when you hear it in a story to illustrate this is my life I want to tell the story about how God completed me during the wild fires that destroyed my home.

In my senior year of high school October 2003, my home was destroyed by the fire poetically named “Cedar Fire.” The fire was every bit as destructive as you could possibly imagine. My family and I lost every earthly possession we had. Months following the fire I was literally shoveling the remains of my home into a dumpster. My family didn’t have insurance so my father and I did the back breaking labor, on our own.

Then what must have been and act of God a Church group was driving by one day we were working on the house and asked, “Could we help you?” Then twelve people gave up their weekends to power us through the clean up process. God provided me with this amazing inspiration, which motivated me to suck it up and do the impossible, rebuild my home.

God then blessed me further with people from the Red Cross and the Salvation Army who donated money and time to help us build. Not only did God provide what was needed for me to rebuild my home, but also he took care of getting me into San Diego State University. During this ordeal, I preformed poorly as a senior and was removed from SDSU. God then put the right people in my life to start the appeal process that led me to becoming a student at SDSU.

This event continued to be even more tragic, my first car was a truck and my father self employed, rolled his truck, and by the grace of God was unharmed. Do to the accident he had to confiscate my truck so he could go to work. Living in a hotel at the time, forty-five minutes from school I needed a car, then like magic God provided me a car from my grandfather who needed to get rid of his.

This event truly showed me that no matter how tragic, how awesome, or awful the event if I rely on God he will see me through it. Then all the words chaos will fall into a brilliant balance.