Friends Make The World Go Round

Monica - la mesa, California

I believe that friends are the essence of life and that without friendships and companionship life would not be as fulfilling or rewarding.

My friends have a special place in my heart and leave a huge impact in my life. I have many friends, and could never imagine not having them in my life. All the money in the world wouldn’t mean anything to me if I didn’t have my friends to share it with. There’s a wonderful quote that says, “For without friends no one would choose to live, though he had all other goods,” written by Aristotle himself. Which accurately depicts my attitude toward life.

My family means the world to me and I know that they are always there for me whenever I need them. However, they are not always the ones I want there. Friends are there for me in ways family cant be. When I am stressed, depressed, or confused it’s my friends that I go to for advice or just to listen. I can always rely on them to be honest and sincere. It is a wonderful feeling to know people have my back, but also it is an even better feeling to know I can help out an amigo. It is an intrinsic reward to me to know I am able to help a friend.

I can be myself one hundred percent around my friends and I know I wont be judged because they accept me and my imperfections. My family has expectations of me and I feel I have to constantly be in that role. So it’s like a weight being lifted off my shoulders when I can be free to be the real me.

I love being around my friends. Friends have a way of making any activity enjoyable. My favorite past time is going for a cruise in the car with my favorite people. Driving down the open road with the music on, sunglasses on my face, window down, and my best friend besides me is the ideal leisure activity. The pure enjoyment of someone’s company is all I need to be content.

I’m usually a very outgoing, friendly, and funny person when I am around my friends. But without them I am slow to warm up and

I come off shy when you meet me. If I were put in a situation where I knew no one and was alone I would probably sit off to the side but put me in that same situation with my friends and I would be talking to everyone! Friends bring out the best in me.