I Believe

Brett - Holladay, Tennessee

I believe that technology has really changed since I was born. During that time the only electronics we had was color TVs that you had to watch with an antenna, and basic cable that you only get basic channels like the Disney Channel, Nick, and MTV. The only movie channels that we had at that time were HBO, and Cinamax.

Back in the late 1990s the one and only thing that replaced video cassettes was known as the DVD. When watching DVDs you get to watch movies in digital quality without ever worrying about the movie ever messing up, or getting hung in the player. With DVDs you get to skip to the scene that you want to see with just a click of a button without the hassle of rewinding, and fast forwarding with an old fashioned VCR.

Whenever I was born they didn’t have cell phones except for those that came with the cars. Since I was growing up the only thing we used to communicate with was those really big cell phones, and pagers which I don’t see anymore. Today they’re coming out with cell phones that you can take pictures with, watch videos, download music, and even text, which has become popular.

Since I was born computers have changed from using typewriters to using Microsoft Word to write papers. In today’s world computers are used in hospitals, schools, and even factories, they are also used in monitoring the weather too.

Since I grew up I believed that technology has changed from watching movies on a VCR, to watching movies in digital quality on a DVD player, communication has also changed from those big boring looking cell phones to cell phones you can use to take pictures, watch videos, and even send video and pix messages. Computers are also becoming more and more popular especially with the internet, and the other stuff you can do on it.