Robert - USA
Themes: children

I Believe

I would never have guessed ten years ago, that I would be working with preschool children. However, life has a funny way of directing us to our calling. Play at work? Not me, I believed that you had to work hard and study to learn. Well I sure learned a lesson, now I get to play, teach, and be myself, all while working.

Working with preschool children is a very rewarding career. Many benefits come with this job. One of the best ones is that you get to act like a kid. There is nothing better than going to work in the morning knowing that you are going to play all day long. Working with children lets you unwind. They have no great expectations of you, you have lots to teach, and you can be yourself.

A great benefit with preschool children is that there is so much you can teach them. Everything is new to them. It is not the same old lesson day after day. It is all fresh, and exciting. That helps them want to learn. The children come to school every day full of energy, read for a fun filled day. The lessons we use are based on play. This makes learning an enjoyable experience for the children as well as the teachers. Learning while you play, what better way to spend a day.

One of the best things about this job is the way that the children treat you. No matter how bad a day you are having, it all gets better when one of the kids comes up to you and gives you a hug. I think this is the most rewarding aspect of this job. It does not matter how bad things are, or how wild the kids are acting. When one of them gives you a hug, and says that they love you, the day’s problems instantly vanish.

The way that children see the world is so fresh and exciting. I think we should all take a lesson from some three to five year olds, and learn to relax and enjoy life. This is what keeps me motivated and coming back to work day after day. Seeing the world through the eyes of the children, it all new to them. It’s not the smiles we put on their faces, it’s the smiles they put on ours.