I Believe In Love At First Sight

Sylvia - Camden/TN/38320, Tennessee
Themes: love

I Believe In

I believe in love at first sight. For a long time, when I first started dating guys I thought that I loved them, but, I never really knew what love really was. I was young and I had just had several bad relationships so I thought love did not exist.

My mother always told me the story about my grandmother and my grandfather. He always said that she was going to be the girl that he was going to marry. Of course, he was older and she was attracted to him. Not long after that they began dating and fell head over heels for each other. The next thing they were getting married.

I have been through so much pain trying to find out what love really was. I have asked so many people , “What is love? How did you know they were the one for you?” I got the very same response from each person I asked, “you just know!” That to me was never enough I always thought there has to be more to it than just that. My senior year in high school I saw so many happy couples. Knowing that I was miserable just made it even worse. So that night I was doing my prayers. I asked God to please let me find the one that I am supposed to be with. All I am asking is for them to go to church with me. I was not asking for much. The next day at school I got butterflies in my stomach when I saw Brian Zollicoffer. I got up the nerve to go ask him if he would go to church with me. With no hesitation he said, “yes.” I was so surprised that it was so easy. From that moment he and I started dating. I was so happy just like all the other couples. Today Brian and I are not together, but I think in time we will get back together and be happier than ever. I believe that you have to see what in out there in the world. That is exactly what he and I are doing. I am giving it time and I know we will get back together again. I know that he is my soulmate and nothing is ever going to change that. I got the feeling that everyone gets when they find the one when he and I were together. I love him with all of my heart and always will.

If this is not enough to convince you that love at first sight is possible then I do not know what will make you believe in it. If you still are a nonbeliever I want you to think about the times you thought or you were in love and how did everything happen. Maybe it was love at first sight and you just never realized it until now.