Food

Megan - Zebulon, North Carolina
Themes: pleasure

I believe in food! Fry it, bake it, stir fry it, grill it, or sauté it! No matter what you do, I believe in food!

Most people think food is the enemy. Eat too much or too little, bad consequences could happen. But I am here to tell you it’s not food’s fault! Food didn’t sit around one day and say “sure I’d like to make people obese so they can’t fit through doors!” and food didn’t decide one day that it didn’t like skinny people and refused to be put in their mouth. Nope! It’s not food’s fault at all! Food nurses the body, is a key to survival and sometimes calms the soul. People hunger for food, and food just wants to be hungered!

Food likes to bring people together. You bring your date to a fancy restaurant with outstanding desserts, hoping it will bring out her sensual side. You might get lucky tonight! What if a big game is coming on television? You have to have pizza for your oversized football friends to munch on. Or the entire family is having a reunion. Aunt Judy is always annoying, so distract her, stuff her face with delicious food. So basically food equals togetherness and keeps your family, friends, girlfriend and you happy!

Food loves culture! The Chinese have their egg roll and the American Southerners have their sweet tea and fried chicken. Somebody’s five star meal might be another person’s doggie bag. It’s all about who you are and where you came from. But culture is what makes food so darn good! That is how people experience other cultures, and by doing that, relate to them. Isn’t food awesome?

Food strives for an emotional bond with people! When you are happy and want to celebrate, you go out to eat. When you are sad and just want to be pitiful for the night, you eat a bucket of ice cream. And when you are stressed out, a nice warming soup might do the trick. Food just wants to share in your times of struggle and times of joy!

To sum it up, food is positive, selfless, and diverse, is able to bring equality and gets people through the day! Where would the world be without food? Dead probably! I say let us give food the respect it deserves and believe in it as much as it believes in us! Bon Appetite!