You don’t know

Derik - Easton, Illinois

Some people live their lives by a specific saying or belief and others do not. I live my life by a saying that I believe is true, “You don’t know if you don’t try”. I believe in this because it has so many different meanings in our ever day lives. One day it could be a new job interview that you’re not sure about. Just go, you don’t know what the out come will be. Another day it could mean you want to ask a girl out that you have been seeing for awhile. Just ask, even if she says no you still have her as your friend. It covers so many aspects of our lives that the whole meaning of this can’t be written down. This applies to my life in many ways. One would be at the end of my eighth grade year I got in trouble and was out of school for two whole weeks. When I got back I was failing in all my classes and I had one and half months to raise my grades. Every one in my eighth grade class didn’t want anything to do with me. The end of my eighth grade year had to be the worst part of my school year. I could sit down at a table at lunch and people latterly would leave the table because I sat down there. I was honestly ready to give up but then I realized this belief. I tried to pass eighth grade and I did. That proved to my self that you don’t know if you don’t try. Then that summer I had some family problems and decided to try moving away to live with my dad. As it turns out this was one of the best choices that I have made in a long time. I got good friends now and good grades too. It never hurts to try. Some small meanings it has are like food you haven’t tried. You don’t know if it is good if you don’t try it. This applies to every ones lives. See how this applies to your everyday lives. You don’t know if you don’t try.