Hard Work Pays Off

Danny - Mason City, Illinois
Themes: work

Shooting thousands of jump shots in the summer or running your guts out to get into better shape. I believe that in the end hard work will pay off. Whatever it is that you like to do you should work hard at it because all that work will eventually pay off. Just ask Professional and Collegiate athletes, the one thing that got them to that next level is hard work. The great ones will tell you it took a lot of pushing themselves to be better.

A great example of this is Michael Jordan. He was a great competitor and always wanted to be the best at everything. Even at passing drills he would compete to be the best, doing the little things. He was not the most talented basketball player when he was playing but he worked the hardest at everything and that’s what separated him from everyone else. There are plenty of players that have come through the NBA that have had just as much talent as Michael Jordan but they did not work as hard as Michael did. If it works for the greatest basketball player of all-time than it can work for you and me.

I am a sophomore on my high school varsity basketball team. This year our team struggled; the main reason was because we were young and inexperienced. At one point in the season we were 4-10, we could of given up right there and just said forget it but we didn’t. We kept working hard and having good practices everyday and we ended up with an 11-15 record. In those last ten games we beat some teams we weren’t suppose to going 7-3. The main reason for that success was because we kept improving throughout the season, we were better at the end than at the beginning. Next year should be totally different if we continue to put in the work that is needed.

Sports are not the only thing that you can work hard at. I know in a few years I am going to be taking a major step in my life by picking a career path. That means that one day I will have a real job. I am going to have to work hard at this to be the best I can be. A great example of this is my dad, he started at a lower position in the engineering department and has worked his way up to a higher position and continues to work at his job everyday. Whether it be talking to the guys in the shop or staying late to finish up his work. You can ask him it took a lot of hard work to get were he is and that work is paying off.

In whatever you do, if you play sports or have a job, work hard at it. I believe in hard work. I believe that hard work will pay off.