Facing your Fears

Megan - Mason City, Illinois
Themes: fear

Franklin D. Roosevelt once said “there is nothing to fear but fear itself.” As humans I believe that we all have fears it is just in our nature. I believe that we all have different fears and some have very few and others basically fear everything. I believe that people let fear completely control there life. Life has a lot of twist and turns but if you’re able to face your fears then it will be a lot easier. If you don’t face your fear they will control you instead of you controlling them. I know that it is very hard to face your fears but I believe that if you believe in yourself and do what you think is right then your fears will slowly slip away. If you are able to face your fears then your life will be a lot better. I have first hand experience with not letting fear control my life. I was on my way to my sisters house over in Lincoln. It was the last week of summer vacation. The bridge going to Lincoln over by New Holland was being redone. I am impatient and I hated to wait for the light to turn green. So I took the country road instead and everything at this point was fine .There was nothing out of the ordinary until I came up on the road that I usually took. It had just had gravel put on it and I hit the brakes. At least I think I did, because I really can’t remember. I flipped the truck several times, but I got back in the car the next day and drove. If I had not faced my fears of driving again I wouldn’t be able to go anywhere. I know that not all fears are as easy to face because I have never had to face some fears. I can’t judge people for that. I know someone right now who has a mother lying in hospital bed about to die and his family has to make the decision weather or not to keep her on life support. There is much fear that comes in that situation. There is a the fear that she could come out of it and still be ok . Then there is possibility if they don’t take her off the life support she will have to be hooked up to a machine. Not be able to do anything and lay in bed for the rest of her life. This is a fear that is one we don’t have a choice but to face and they don’t know what the out come of could be but we do know that she wouldn’t want to live on the ventilator but they waited and she pulled through for us and if they would not have faced there fears and kept her on the machine she would be dead. There are many things in life we can’t control but we have to face them to the best of our ability. Life is a crazy thing and we all have fears to face some do and it and some don’t but I believe that we all should because if you don’t you will lead a boring life.

I believe you should always believe in yourself and you can accomplish any thing you want and your fears wont matter this I believe