Friends

Stephanie - Mason City, Illinois

Friends

Friend. A simple word, that everyone uses every day of their life. But what really is a friend? I believe that a friend is a lot of different things, but mainly someone who is just like you in as many ways as they are different than you.

I believe that a friend should be someone who you can talk to about anything. Whether it be bad or good, a real friend will take the time to listen to you and all your problems. When you’re finished talking, they should be there to give you advice if that’s what you need, or be there to laugh at the story with you. I believe that if it is advice that you need, that they will give you their honest opinions about what they think you need to do. A true friend, wouldn’t lie to you just to make you feel better.

I believe friends also need to be there to laugh and to cry with you, to share good memories and bad. Everyone fights. I believe you and your friends need to fight because there has to be something that they will either do or say that will make you mad. If so, I believe you need to tell them. Yes, fighting with your friends is not fun, but if you don’t let them know then are you really being a friend? It’s your duty as a friend to tell them what you’re really thinking. Fights may bring tears, but you only cry because you really care about them. Friends are also there to laugh with and have amazing memories with. I know that without my friends, I would have no one to laugh with and no one to make me laugh. No one knows me better than my friends, and I know them the best, and together we do the stupidest things, but it’s just to get some laughs.

I have two best friends, Kylie and Corey. Kylie is like my sister. She knows me better than anyone, and we’re alike in so many ways that it’s scary. We can sit there and be talking and say the exact thing, at the exact time. It’s like we can read each others minds. Together we’re like a pair of Dc. Martin’s. We have a strong relationship and can’t break easily. Corey and I have a brother-sister relationship. That’s really the only comparison I can think of. We are completely honest with each other and what we think about situations. It’s nice having a guy as a best friend because he sees things differently than I do. I could see a situation with a boyfriend or just a friend even one way and he would see it differently. Corey and I fight a lot, but it’s just because we care a lot about each other. These two people mean the world to me, I can honestly say that I would be lost without either of them. Everyone needs someone to be there for them at any time of the day, and for this I believe in friends.