The Team

Ben - Knoxville, Tennessee
Themes: community, sports

When you hear the word team what do you think about? Some words that might come to mind are football, baseball, or anything with sports. To me the words leadership and unity come to mind. I have always been part of a team growing up. I started playing baseball when I was three years old and I learned what it takes to be a team. He taught us to how to work as a team in tee ball. I played baseball all the way up until last summer. I decided to work instead of playing. Not long after that I got asked to help coach a ten and under baseball team. It has been a life changing experience for me. We started out with not much experience and with a little work they began to progress.

Once that we started practicing we started to unite. We have this kid named Johnathan, he is not athletic nor has he played baseball before but there is something different about this kid. He is willing to do whatever I say to help. He looks up to me and respects me for who I am. This kid is only ten years old and this impresses me to see him do this. Last game he got his first base hit and when he came back into the dugout he thanked me for that hit.

Now that I have had this team I believe everyone should experience this. It is the greatest feeling when someone that you have taught something and succeeds. You never know if someone you helped will go pro in the sport or anything you might need. That is when I want them to remember ole Ben and give me a couple million dollars or get me the hook up with something. Team is a lot more than just a word.