Pets are Important in Life.

Wesley - Oak Ridge, Tennessee

My Aunt owned a beautiful Shetland sheepdog named Scarlette. Every time I visited my Aunt that lives in another state I spent a lot of time with her dog. I had fallen in love with her personality. When I slept over at my Aunt’s house I always asked if Scarlette could sleep with me on the bed instead of her sleeping in her kennel. I had never slept with a dog before. Ever since I wished I could have a dog exactly like her, but I found myself wanted to visit my Aunt every year just to visit her dog. My wish came true when my Aunt had had family difficulties and could no longer take care of their dogs. She knew that I had really liked this particular dog. I had my first at the age of twelve. I took great care for her for seven long years. Scarlette had a great impact on my life. She gave me company when I am alone, She kept me entertained when I was bored, and she had also taught me responsibility by taking care of her. I believe that pets are important in life. To me a pet is more than just a pet, but is a member of the family and every pet regardless of which animal are individually different. I know many people who believe that pets are replaceable; that one animal is the exact same as any other. I see that every animal has a different personality like any Human being. It is sad when some parents get their child a pet for Christmas or for their birthday gift. Only for the child to simply outgrow or become bored with his/her adopted pet like any other toy. Then the pet ends up either abused, given to a rescue or end up in a pound were the animal could later be disposed. People should take better care of their pets as Ghandi had once said “you can judge a country and its moral progress, by the way they treat their animals”. I am glade that I was able to own Scarlette otherwise she could have ended up in being placed in the pound, and I would have never have the happiness that she had brought me.