Human Generosity

Isaac - Iowa City, Iowa

I believe in human generosity. I went to see a concert with a friend of mine only to find out that it was at a bar. After being kicked out of the bar for being too young to get in we were demoralized. We sat outside and listening and hoping for the opportunity to sneak in and listen. One of the bartenders found out about this and, after the manager left, brought us in to the bar to listen. It was a very good concert and we got to talk to the band members after the show. They had been traveling around a lot and told us to keep playing. They also said it was good to see young people be interested in playing music besides rap. It was a good to get the chance to talk to them and listen to their advice.

This all showed me that human generosity does not always follow all the rules. You may have to break legal rules to be generous and to do the right thing. It is not always the easiest thing to do either with pressure on you from a lot of different sources. You may also have to break the law that a lot of people break any way, the common sense law. Let some underage children into a bar is not the smartest thing to do, but sometimes it is the generous thing to do.